Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

Things have just been belly up lately. Completely. But I refuse to let things get me down. Every single area of my life, except for my children, has become stressful. I try my very best to live these 10 rules already, but hey... I'm far from perfect, and I know I can work on number 7. In a big big way I can work on Number 7. No excuses, just "manning" up and facing life head on, problems and all, without running. I'm taking life by the reigns. No feeling sorry for myself. No relying on any person to support me and my children. Helping... Helping is okay, I don't mind when people want to help me out, I don't mind that because we all need help now and again, and I don't mind helping others either. But I want to be my own "go to person", I want to stand on my own two feet. I know I can. I've already started. And without laying it blatantly out, I will say that there are a couple of things I must face and take care of NOW, and once I take care of  the couple of problems in my life I must address, I will always revisit 7, to make sure I'm not copping out and running from anything.

2 comments:

  1. I need to read this about once a year. I love it. Thanks for sharing!!
    Selena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a friend that said she's going to post in her car, her kitchen, her bathroom.... lol... But what a wonderful positive man Covey was.. have you read any of his books?

      Delete

Thank you for your positive comments!