Saturday, November 17, 2012

Every day life in London

Yes, London IS Glamorous.
Yes, London IS Amazing.
Yes, London is one of the greatest cities in the World.
But to many, London is just... home.
It's every day life of working and raising family.
These are typical East End, London flats...






I've been missing for a couple of days so first I want to thank Ms. George at Life at the Coop for my Liebster Award, Thank you for even thinking of me. And I will accept and do what is asked of me :) I'm currently visiting and with my partner right now, so as to not take away from our time, I have been hanging out and enjoying him at home in the East End. But I do look forward to accepting this.

So a sneaky little blogging while The Cockney watches man TV (sports).

For my American friends "Cockney" isn't a naughty word, it's a person that is from the East End of London. My partner was born and raised in the East End of London. He's cockney through and through. And I've even managed to learn a bit of cockney rhyming slang!

Today was the Broadway Market. I like markets, well... I like this one. There is a bit of everything and today was a crisp and cool day, just perfect if you ask me. I love the foggy wet days of England, MANY English people don't get this, but I live on the surface of the sun in Texas, so England is a brilliant treat!

Broadway Market... You can get fish..
Cheese...
Homemade Gifts...
You can even get some underwear! (Hope those are new and not used)... Ha!
Fun stuff...
And apparently The Beatles...

My Awesome Finds... Bansky Art Poster and 2 little plaques.


I love Regents Canal... You must be able to duck and dive quickly with approaching bikers and joggers... but it's still one of my favorite places in London. This is where I go to just relax and think of ... absolutely nothing. It's my down time. Did I mention I love this place? It's not glamorous, it's not overly clean, it's not perfect. But it's perfect for me... My little slice of Regents Canal is near Pownel Road in Hackney, but it's actually over 8 miles long!








Fancy some jellied Eels? No thanks, but I did have this delicious pie and mash for lunch the other day... LOVE me some good pie and mash!


4 comments:

  1. Hi Tammy. I love that you love London. It's my favourite place in all the world. We live in Essex and my husband John and son Jonathan both work in the City. I worked there many moons ago. We are only about 35 miles away and regularly drive in to take in all that London has to offer. I often take the train in to Fenchurch Street with a friend and shop or take in lunch at Leadenhall Market. You'd love it I'm sure. Hope you're enjoying your stay. When are you going to become an 'ex pat'?
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your award! So glad you're spending time with your man. One of these days I need to visit Europe so that I can see all these fantastic cities for myself... including London.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to have found a special place, just for you. And pie and mash, yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, great photos! I'm so glad you enjoyed Broadway Market and Regent's Canal! I did too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive comments!