Saturday, December 22, 2012

Divine Bath and Body Scrubs

You could say that I'm a "Connoisseur" of Body Scrubs, I'm all about exfoliating. I have bought the expensive stuff and I have also bought the stuff that is home made. Both can be expensive. So I decided to make my own. And give it as gifts to the women in my life that I know love a good soak and indulgence now and again!

The first I made is a body scrub, I have used this myself and it's FANTASTIC! I put no scent in mine, but you can put any scent you want.

SUGAR AND OAT BODY SCRUB

1 Cup White Sugar.
1 Cup Raw Steel Oatmeal.
1 Cup Olive Oil.

Mix well. Literally apply to skin and s-c-r-u-b! Rinse well.
This will make your skin as soft as a babies, however keep in mind that because it contains sugar, rinse well... also because it contains olive oil... make sure your tub isn't slippery when you get out of the bath!

I also made...

Lemon Sea Salt Facial Scrub

5 Tbsp Sea Salt
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Lemon

Mix olive oil and sea salt together. Once the salt is coated by the oil the lemon won't dissolve it. Mix the lemon in (Really as much as you want, as lemon is really good for skin and smell wonderful!), Mix and Mash and Mash and Mix...
Then Scrub away.

If you have oily skin, this one is probably not the best choice for the face, but I have dry skin and it's perfect on mine. Again... careful when rinsing the tub and getting out... Oil is slippery!

...... Here's the unmixed Oatmeal Scrub
 ..... Mixed up Oatmeal Scrub... It's so awesome!
 ..... Mixed up Sea Salt Scrub...
 ..... Finished products!
 .... I hope the girls like them!

8 comments:

  1. Lovely little gifts Tammy... and interesting recipes, I might have to try them out sometime... thanks for sharing! Seasons Greetings to you! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow looks good, I do like to exfoliate!! Tammy, thank you for your award. I'm sorry not to have tagged on this time. I hope you don't mind too much! have a warm and bright christmas time! Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's funny I had some Bath and Bodyworks scrub in the bathroom for ages. I decided to use it the other week and it was great and made my skin feel so soft. I am now hooked, so will maybe try out your recipes in the new year.

    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the recipes. May try these over the summer holidays!
    Wishing you a Merry Christmas : -)
    Trudy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like the sound of these scrubs Tammy and might try them sometime. Have a great Christmas.
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are awesome, Tammy! My daughter and I made sugar scrubs for the first time ever, last week. It was so much fun, and I used some of my essential oils that I normally use for my soapmaking. Fun project and they're wonderful - and so much cheaper than buying them in the bath and body stores!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look amazing! I love the smell of citrus, so the lemon scrub sounds divine!!

    P.S. No worries on not getting to all you holiday projects this year. I was cramming all mine into the last few days and still have plenty to save for next year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sure they loved them. I have to be careful with exfoliants as I have rosacea.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive comments!