Friday, December 28, 2012

I caught ya being good!

I believe with all if my heart that its very important to uplift, encourage and edify our children. That of course doesn't mean we shouldn't discipline our children but instead of focusing on our children's naughty behavior, I think its just as important to focus on their good behavior! I caught Andy "being good" earlier, he was getting a bowl of cereal and asked his sister if she wanted one as well! I thanked him and told him "I caught ya being good"... he smiled & walked away but I know he's happy I said something :)

I'm in the process of making us our own container for 2013... But here's one I found on pinterest...

The idea is to write on a paper when you catch your kids being good, put it in your chosen container & let your child know you are pleased with their positive behavior!!

8 comments:

  1. What a cute idea... so does something in particular go in the bowl?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well... I will have to go back and add that... thank you Heather!! (Yes you write down the good things you catch your kids doing and put it in your chosen container)...

      Delete
  2. It would be great to put them in a book at the end of the year. Would be very amusing to look back on as an adult.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder if that would work for dh!!!!!

    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this idea. My children's school do something similar with marbles in a big jar for exceptional behaviour. When it's full the class get a special treat. I'm going to start this too. XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea!! I can see from the photos that you shared that you had a wonderful Christmas! I can't wait to see what 2013 has in store for us!! Happy New Year, Tammy!!!

    xoxo
    Selena

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a nice idea and your post reminded me that I should praise my kids more for just being good and nice to each other, rather than telling them off when they are the opposite!

    Gillian x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive comments!