Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Random Act of Kindness

What is a RAK?
A RAK is a "Random Act of Kindess". Anything you do that makes someone smile or makes their day.

I've decided that one way that I can become a better member of society and a better person in general is to start doing Random Acts of Kindness (On purpose and not just on the haphazardly chance I might get to)... Now there are rules that I have given myself. If a person see's me doing a RAK, well okay, but I am not going to go out of my way to make myself known or visible. I will not brag to others about what I'm doing, but I will teach my children to share in. But no... "Look at me Look at me"... I believe the things done in secret, when no one looking... And we still want to do them... well those are the things that truly count and make us who we are. Karma people.

I'm collecting up things to make these bags.
I mean just think of the possibilities of what can be put in these Zip lock bags! There are often homeless people on the corners of intersections and they are begging for money or holding signs just for a meal or hot coffee. If you fill these with even a small water bottle they are useful in the Summer, I can think of a gazillion things that could go in one of these to benefit a homeless person. I understand these bags could get heavy to carry around, but I don't see why I couldn't keep 2 or 3 in my van when I'm out and about. Especially in the next few days when some people have nothing. I'm sure you know of someone, somewhere that can use one of these.

RAK's done online? Whew, my head is overwhelmed with how many and how many ways. I want to have one day a week on my blog where I share about ways we can do RAKs in our world. Virtual or Real. I used to belong to a scrapbook club a few years ago and we would "RAK" each other...  We would randomly mail each other different Scrapbooking items, like ribbon, buttons, stickers... whatever we wanted, and it was always nice getting RAKked! It always put a smile on my face to get one and I loved sending them out as well.

I hope you are all having a great Christmas Season, I've been so busy with work stuff and Christmas that I haven't read blogs and I'm going through withdrawals  I love the pictures and the poems and seeing how everyone is! Merry Christmas!

7 comments:

  1. Random Acts of Kindness are fun to do and I will also try to do more in 2013.

    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute blog! just found you through a friend! hope to get to know ya better!

    morganandnormanreece.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. RAK's... very nice! As for the abuse... it is so hard to have the courage to speak up, but sometimes it is a necessary evil! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. RAK's are a great idea. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with as the zip lock bag idea is a really good one and would certainly make a difference to someone less fortunate than ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. a lovely idea Tammy! I'm sure that would be a very beneficial pack to lots of homeless people. Good thoughts! have a warm and bright christmas with your family! Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you mind if I quote a few of your posts as long as I provide credit and sources
    back to your website? My blog site is in
    the exact same area of interest as yours and my users would certainly benefit from a lot of the information
    you provide here. Please let me know if this
    ok with you. Thank you!

    Here is my homepage; feed the children

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great delivery. Sound arguments. Keep up the great work.


    Also visit my weblog: http://africauris.com
    Also see my page: https://www.noridianmedicare.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive comments!