Thursday, December 27, 2012

Snow Flakes for Sandy Hook

My Random Act of Kindness today...
Folding someone else's Laundry...

I'm sure you have all heard of what happened at Sandy Hook Elementary school when a gunman came in and killed many children, it was a sad and dreadful day and it continues to weigh heavy on the minds of parents across the United States.

Well Sandy Hook Elementary is preparing for their students to return to school after the holidays and they are asking for people to make snowflakes for the kids so that they can return to a "Winter Wonderland". I found this out when I was visiting Erica on her blog "Caught on a Whim"
Thank you Erica for letting us know... You truly Rock! It will be so awesome for the children to see snowflakes hanging in all the rooms and hallways, sent from all over the USA and World!

Hannah and I made some snowflakes today out of cupcake liners and coffee filters!
 No, it's not white, but I thought the kids would get a kick out of gingerbread snowflakes!
 I like them so much I might hang some next Christmas!
 Hannah hard at work...
 So simple to make and so cute..
 We are mailing off 5 in total..
If you would like to make some snowflakes for the children of Sandy Hook, then the dead line is January 12, 2013.
Their mailing address is:   Connecticut PTSA
                                       60 Connolly Parkway
                                       Building 12, Suite 103
                                       Hamden, CT 06514      

Here's their Website... Connecticut PTSA

Hannah and I also did "Shrinky Dinks" today, it's been so long since I did them and I had a blast!! Isn't it sad that I love kids crafts so much?? :)
We will be making our Shrinky Dinks into jewelry for Hannah, being the little style child that she is.
Oh and in closing, I thought I'd share a photo of my future husband, don't tell the Cockney!! :)

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely Idea. I will ask the kids at work if they want to make some snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for participating! I love the idea of using cupcake wrappers ... so cherry and bright.

    P.S. I've added a link to your post on my snowflake post too! Thanks for spreading the word.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea, and such a simple one that anyone can participate and make a difference.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive comments!