Tuesday, December 4, 2012

The Liebster Award


Georgina of "Life at the Coop" has nominated me for the Liebster Award. First, thank you for even thinking about me George, you really did make my day when I read this. I'm sorry it's taken so long to post, but I was in England when I first heard of it and I wanted to spend as much time as possible with my London :) ... err... I mean partner!

The word “Liebster” apparently has German origins and is reported to mean sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.

The rules for the Liebster Award are as follows:
1. Each person must post 11 facts about themselves.
2. Answer 11 questions the tagger has given you and give 11 questions for the person you tag.
3. Choose 11 people and link them to your post (they must have 200 followers or less)
4. Tell them you have tagged them.
5. Remember, no tag backs.

11 facts about me ...

1) I'm a bit obsessed with my teeth. I only brush with hot water, I bleach my teeth & only use Baking Soda & Peroxide toothpaste.

2) My biological Grandmother was born in Dorset, England. She moved to Texas after meeting my Grandfather during World War 2 while he was in the UK. I am proud to have English blood!

3) I lived on the Island of Guam for almost 5 years.

4) My first job was working in a potato field harvesting potatoes in Maine, on the Canadian border. I know back breaking labor in the cold!

5) I always wanted many boys. On top of my wedding cake were 3 little cherub boys ... I was instead blessed with 4 boys and a beautiful girl as our lucky caboose. 5 blessings. Lucky me!

6) I drive like a grandma. It drives my 16 year old crazy.. "Run the yellow light mom!!"

7) I have panic disorder. But I haven't had a panic attack in years. Thank you Effexor!

8) I've had a boob job! Now now... before you judge me... It was for a breast reduction to get rid of tension headaches. It helped only a little. But I got some perkie boobies from it! I used to be able to throw them over my shoulder and tripped on them when I walked!! Ha ha!

9) I'm a little obsessed with British Magazines, I'll buy like 20 every trip to England and savor every page once I get home. The cockney also buys me an "Essentials" and a "Prima" magazine every month.

10) I'm in a long distance relationship. I'm in Texas. He's in London.

11) I'm tone deaf!

Georgina's 11 Questions answered:
1. Do you have a party trick and if so what is it? Yes, I can move one eye at a time. I'm a freak, I know.

 2. What is the biggest lightbulb-flashing item on your to-do list? Raising Enough money to safely be able to move to England while only being allowed to work part time while I'm there.... and ultimately getting a PhD.


 3. What is your favourite thing about blogging? Being able to focus on the positive in life.


 4. What skill you would most like to have? I'd love to be able to sew, I envy seamstresses! 


 5. Are you a procrastinator? No, not at all!


 6. When was the last time you cried? Today.


 7. What is your favourite time of day? Anytime that I can spend snuggled up with one of my children. Having 3 grown children has made me realize how fast kids grow, I have 2 little ones left at home, I love to be with them.


 8. What is your biggest fear? Losing one of my children.


 9. What or who most inspires you? People that truly inspire me are the ones that are down to earth, that don't take themselves too seriously and who try to take life as positive as they can, people who have faced adversity and not blamed others or God, but crack on.


10. What is your favourite quote? "It's never to late to be what you might have been".


11. What is the best piece of advice you ever received? "If it doesn't feel right, don't do it."


The 11 bloggers I tag are: (The blogs I have chosen I truly love to visit)
Gillian from Tales from a happy house
Hazel from Ramblings and Such
Cheryl at My little piece of England
TopChelsieGirl at How soon is now
Selena at Oh the places we will go
Sooz at The last biscuit
Anna at Green tea n toast
Bee at The linen cloud
Heather at My little red suitcase
Deborah at Happilicious
Heather from Life is a garden and these are my colors

The 11 questions for my tagged bloggers: 
1. If you could be any one person for a day, whom would you choose?
2. What is your favorite holiday and why?
3. What do you want your blog readers to get from your blog?
4. If you could have one super power, what would it be?
5. What is your favorite way to relax?
6. What makes you laugh? Truly... Laugh!
7. If you could be anywhere in the World, would you be in a different place than you are in now?
8. Would you make a Good President or Prime Minister?
9. What is the one color that describes you and why?
10. Is the glass half full or half empty?
11. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

6 comments:

  1. it's fun to read more about you Tammy! Thanks for nominating me, I'm off to have a look at the other nominees! Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on the award and what interesting answers to the questions! Hope you get to move to England tho I think the weather is probably better in Texas right now than it is here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading your random facts and the answers to the questions. It's nice to get to know you a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for nominating me for this lovely award!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the award ... I will try and complete the necessaries ... but time is not on my side at the moment :) ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on receiving the award! And thanks for passing it on to me, really kind of you.
    It is great that your Grandmother was a warbride, this explains why you feel drawn to England (apart from the obvious reason, the cockney). It is interesting that you love English magazines, could you explain why you prefer them to American ones? Hope you're having a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive comments!