Saturday, January 5, 2013

I'm not a hoarder!

But there are some things I can't throw away. I will NEVER throw away!! Sentimental things that mean something mostly, and I'm glad I do save things, I've shown some things to my adult kids lately and they were excited and asked to keep them. You know.... those things they would just toss, but mom thinks "Awwwwww"....
These are some of my "Never part with Items"... A bunch of flowers my daughter picked, A corsage from my son Joshua's wedding, A flower from my son Nicky's homecoming, my first flower from The Cockney... Clay work from when the kids were younger, a first baby photo (That I can't find glass to fit to replace) and they all sit on a wood shelf my Christopher made.

8 comments:

  1. I know-I am sorting and purging, too. It is hard to let go of memories, isn't it? Blessings to you- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. But all of these are special. You couldn't part with them!! Also late as usual but thank you for the Liebster award. I've updated my blog with it x Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a hoarder so I think you are doing well! Trying to have a spring clean at the moment (a little late for spring!) and I find it so hard to part with things. I live that you have kept and dried flowers. So special and evocative of the time or memory they represent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think to some degree Tammy we all hoard slightly, it is part of the process of being human, we are gatherers... at least that's what I think! I've tried to get rid of stuff too, but sometimes we just have to hold on! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I M hoarder Tammy. But I am trying to throw a lot of stuff away at the moment. Could you make a picture with your treasures with one of those box frames you get from IKEA.Then there all together and safe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some things are meant to be kept, its just deciding which ones!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what you mean Tammy. I've got baby name tags from the children's births, school reports, my daughters first ballet shoes, football medals and more besides. I couldn't bear to throw them out. I keep my stuff in and old suitcase I call my Memory Box. Don't laugh but I've still got the children's baby teeth which I saved after the Tooth Fairy came!
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally understand this! When my husband and I got married and moved in together (and when we moved into our current home) we went through all our stuff and there were some little things that we just couldn't get rid of! I know now that I'm a mom and there will be a MILLION more things. I want to save every little thing that Jax does. It's so hard! haha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive comments!