Friday, February 8, 2013

Nosey Parker

I'm not a nosey person.
But I have to admit... One of the things I love most about blogging is being able to peek into peoples homes & their lives. Not to be nosey... well maybe a little nosey.
I like seeing how other people live, their decorating, child rearing, cooking and crafts. Its often like actually going for a visit. In the days of our grandmothers they had to physically get dressed and go out to visit a friend, today we can lay in bed as I'm doing now and go for a visit. I wonder if this has made me a bit introverted? I wonder if I'd be more social if I didn't have technology?
But alas, I do have technology... So if you'll excuse me, I must get back to my nosey parker"ing" :). But I first leave you with the secret to a happy marriage...  You must certainly "wine" more! (I kid I kid!)

4 comments:

  1. So true. That's what I love about blogging and why i appreciate when people are "real" rather than creating a sanitised and shiny version of their life. That being said, there is an element of escapism to it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tammy, your new place looks lovely. I meant to comment on your last post...my daughter works with disabled children and absolutely loves it. It makes me really proud to see how she interacts with the various conditions and hear her talk about them with such affection. Regarding the above, I find reading other peoples blogs makes me realise we are all trying to live our lives and make the best of what we have. We have sadness, happiness, pride, challenges etc but we're not alone or the first person to experience it. It's comforting.Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I agree with that old woman, lol. I love blogging, I think it's the friendliness in the blogging community that I love, I haven't come across a blogger I haven't liked yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cute (AND TRUE)
    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive comments!