Wednesday, July 24, 2013

I'm Grateful

For...

  • 5 Healthy Children.
  • A forgiving God (Because I'm far from perfect, in fact perfect isn't even in my rear view mirror)
  • My own health (Though I did inherit that "fat" gene :)
  • An incredibly loving mother (With a nutty sense of humor)
  • I'm grateful to be able to have summers off but still being fully paid, not having to work means more time with my children.
  • I'm grateful for a good job. 
  • I'm grateful I have a little girl, after 4 boys, she's a wonderful surprise.
  • I'm grateful for 4 boys (There is a special crown waiting for me in Heaven)
  • I'm grateful that my son is safe while he's in the Middle East.
  • I'm grateful for the positive people in my life.
  • I'm grateful every time I hear one of my children laugh... no seriously, every single time, even my adult children, it just makes me stop and listen... I love it.
  • I'm grateful for only having one more payment and I own my Van in full!
  • I'm grateful that I'm able to travel.
  • I'm grateful that I'm in a free Country, when I read about the things that go on around the world, I'm so grateful to not have to live in fear.
  • I'm grateful that I have the luxury of complaining about forgetting to take something out of the freezer for dinner... because at least there are things in there! 
  • I'm grateful for a free local swimming pool!!! I live in Texas, which is technically the surface of the sun!
  • I'm grateful for private health insurance! Seriously.... !!
  • I'm grateful that I live in a Country where it's easy to get an education.
  • I'm grateful for quiet time.
  • I'm grateful for long hot bubble baths with badedas (Have you tried it? IT's DIVINE)
  • I'm grateful for my sight, it's not good, but it's hanging on for dear life! 
  • I'm grateful for each child I have had the privilege to tutor or teach in my life.
  • I'm grateful for every special education child that has taught me about what really matters in life.
  • I'm grateful for the internet!
  • I'm grateful for Art
  • I'm grateful that both of my parents are still living.
  • I'm grateful for a curious mind.
  • I'm grateful for a scientific mind.
  • I'm grateful for prawn cocktail crisps (I have no clue why that just popped in my head)
  • I'm grateful ... I'm just grateful!

I did this posting because I was feeling sorry for myself today, I was dwelling on a couple of negatives and well... I just wasn't going to have any more of that!! So I took care of it... Yep, I have some issues going on in life, but I have so much more to look forward to than not... And I'm grateful for that too!

10 comments:

  1. I have done this too, and it helps put things into perspective so well!
    With each baby that i have, I am a little more amazed that it is just as perfect as the last ones! I feel so lucky and grateful to have a healthy family. The well being of the family can consume a mother's entire being!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely list. Those of us in Weatern developed countries are luckier than many people elsewhere in the world can ever dream of being. It's so good to pause and give thanks for this in the bustle of life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah Tammy, that is an excellent exercise to do when we're feeling sorry for ourselves! And btw, I also love to hear my children laugh. It just makes me so happy. All our kids have a great sense of humor and see the funny side of things - a great asset to have in life. :-)
    I loved this post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tammy, I agree with Cranberry Morning. Such a good thing to do when you're feeling a little blue (oh Lordy, that rhymes!). You have a lovely weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe we should all do this when we are feeling down Tammy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think sometimes we take things, and more importantly life, for granted. So sitting back at times and fully appreciating what we have is so empowering. Looking forward is a positive. God bless
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  7. GREAT grateful post. I think you are onto something there-when you are feeling down it is a good idea to remember all that there is to be thankful for. Hope this day was a good one! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post Tammy, it's true we can re-frame how we are looking at things, I thought that to myself yesterday! it kind of makes things much easy if the story we are telling ourselves is a positive one! enjoy the hols, Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a heart warming post. When i read it, it certainly made me think about being grateful in my life...Love the little verse.
    Thank you so much for following my blog and your kind comment.....xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you're feeling happier now ... it's a brilliant list! M x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive comments!