Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Joshua always on my mind

As most know, my 20 year old son
Joshua is in the Middle East.
A couple of days ago...
I was going through yet another box, spending my last few days of summer getting organized so that when school starts and I'm back in the classroom I can feel like I'm sorted and ready.
I found this mini notebook in a box left from when Joshua lived at home.
I made it when he was nearly 13.
Joshua was a near perfect kid and teenager.
I still well up in tears when
I remember life when he was at home.
It's been over 2 years since
Joshua went in the Air Force.
So why do I still pine for him?Ahhhhhh the empty nest stinks!
But I'm not one to stay down.
I focus on my children that I still have at home, And I focus on my own dreams, goals and personal growth. But I miss him so much.

I love you Joshua xx

I'm posting this from my phone so if it comes out all horible... I apologize in advance for my willy wonka post !!

Tammy

8 comments:

  1. That's a nice letter Tammy. Thank you for going to the effort of sending me a lovely card too! Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always good to tell your loved ones how much you love them. You give them into God's hands, but when they're not around you always have them on your mind don't you? Our son is coming over with his wife tomorrow for a visit for my husband's birthday and we're looking forward to seeing them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure Joshua is a wonderful young man and that is a credit to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah that's so lovely Tammy. He's still so young too. Am I right in thinking that the drinking age and voting age in the USA is 21? Doesn't seem right. You must be soooo proud of him though as I would be. God bless.
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a lovely letter to write him Tammy and says so much. He is very young but obviously a young man who knows his own mind.No wonder you are very very proud of him.
    I thought about you today Tammy on my way to work, I spotted a red telephone box outside our town hall (still working by the way!).Not only that but next to it an old red post box !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi and thanks for stopping by and following my blog, what a lovely book you made for your son.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No matter how far away or how old they are our children are always in our hearts. You must be so proud of him ~ Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful book and special letter to make for him. You are a mum to be proud of.
    M x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive comments!