Sunday, August 4, 2013

First World Problems

After 2 days of a 101 temperature and a throat like sand paper, I took my sick behind to the hospital. I have strep throat... Praise God for penicillin.
Because I had to go to the Hospital on a Saturday I had to use the ER, which was a $100 co-pay. Seriously? $100 to sit down and have my throat swabbed? That's just my part, Lord knows what my Insurance company will be charged!
Luckily my medication was only a $6 co-pay.
I will take comfort in knowing that at least I have medical insurance, at least I have antibiotics, I have help looking after my children while I'm sick and after 24 hours of medication I should start to feel better. There is always a bright side right?
I'm not quite sure where June & July got off to. But I welcome August... I return to work in just over 2 weeks, my kids return to school in just over 3 weeks.
Though I've enjoyed sleeping in, crafting and lots of swimming, I will enjoy returning to a routine. I like structure.
After being away for 3 days & then in bed sick for 3 days I'm behind on my blog reading, I feel like I'm missing out!
For me, reading a blog is like meeting a friend for a cup of tea, it's a catch up of all that's going on in their lives. The blogs I follow bring me comfort.... You know who you are :)
Have a great week friends!

13 comments:

  1. Get well wishes to you Tammy...being sick, especially during summer is no fun. Glad you have meds and help! I find Echinacea tea does wonders when I'm ill...always!
    Take care...and thanks for stopping by.
    xo Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you've been unwell, I would never go to the doctors if I had to pay £100 a time, owch! thank goodness for the NHS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your little photo mosaic. Sorry you've not been well, hope you feel better really soon.
    M x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you feel better very soon, Tammy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you are soon feeling better. All the best, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry you've been ill with such a nasty throat infection, but glad you got the treatment and have insurance. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every time my son has an ear infection I am thankful for the NHS and antibiotics. I really hope your throat infection clears up fast and you feel back to normal. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you're feeling better soon. I can't believe how much you're charged, and the fact that you still have to pay $100 even though you have insurance. So many people complain about the NHS over here, I don't think they realise how lucky they are to have free health care. I've just been catching up on the posts I've missed while I've been away on holiday. It looks like you had a wonderful time at the coast. Hope everything's going ok for Joshua, you must be so proud.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you're soon feeling better Tammy, and enjoy the rest of your break before you return to work. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds sore! Yikes at the bill - paying for healthcare just seems so alien, we're so lucky having the NHS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tammy, I sure can't believe that it's August already and a week of it is almost one.. My life has wings..it's flying by. I had the sore throat too and took antibiotics for it. I was sick of being sick..know what I mean. Medical prices are awful. I have been thinking of getting a book on home remedies and doctoring myself. The medical profession is getting out of hand. Wishing you well. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi there how rubbish to be poorly when its such lovely weather, i didnt know you had to pay for health when you came to the uk i thought you would get it free

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you are on the mend good and proper now, Tammy. ERs are never fun, and even less fun when you have to pay. Maybe there aren't so many drunks as in British ERs though - even though they are free! I'm told by docs who work in them that some ER patients can be a real trial.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive comments!