Sunday, August 18, 2013

(Taste like Reeses) Peanut Butter Balls

These sinfully delicious little guys are like heaven in your mouth.

Wait... Can I use sinful and heaven in the same sentence? :)

Ingredients:

4 Cups powdered sugar
1 1/2 cups Creamy Peanut butter (I used Peter Pan)
1/4 cup butter
2-3 tablespoons milk
3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate)
1 tablespoon Shortening.

Directions:

Mix together the powdered sugar, peanut butter and butter. Add the milk one tablespoon at a time until it forms a dough. Scoop out and roll the dough into round balls, the size and desired shape is up to you. Place your peanut butter balls into the refrigerator to harden so they are easier to cover in chocolate.

Place your chocolate chips and shortening in a bowl. Microwave a few seconds at a time, stirring occasionally until completely melted. It only took 90 seconds for my chocolate to melt completely.

With a spoon drop one ball of peanut butter mixture at a time into the melted chocolate. Scoop it up, let the excess chocolate drip off and place the ball covered in chocolate on wax paper or a non stick cookie sheet, I actually used plastic serving dishes to set mine on.

Place the chocolate covered peanut butter balls back into the refrigerator to set, once they are hard, take them out and enjoy.

WARNING... YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO EAT JUST ONE!!
I have decided these are too delicious to make all the time and will only be making them on the holidays... My backside is big enough! :)

 
 Peanut Butter Goodness
Milk Chocolate Yumminess
 
These. Are. Delicious!!
 

7 comments:

  1. Yum!!!! These look great! I will give the recipe a try. I love Reece's Peanut Butter cups and i have had a hard time finding them here. I stocked up when I went back home but.....alas they are all eaten. Now i can satisfy my cravings myself. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum. They look delicious, I may have to give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Tammy!

    Thanks so much for coming by The Marmelade Gypsy! I have a similar recipe and you're right -- they're exactly like Reeses! I'm going to look down your page a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They sound so good, I'm going to book mark this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh no Tammy - I hate peanut butter! But then I hate all nuts so I guess that follows.
    FYI I have seen those Reese's Peanut Butter Cups on sale over here, I'll try to remember who stocks them and let you know. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look scrumptious and I need to make them soon.
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive comments!