Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Blog Buttons and Experiments!

I FINALLY MADE A BUTTON FOR MY BLOG. Big deal you say? You have to understand one thing. I might be able to check my email and post on a blog, but I know very little about code...In fact it's more like nada, zip, nothing... ZERO. I have tried to make a button for over 2 weeks... I'm not a stupid woman, but that code stuff, well it's a foreign language, a very confusing foreign language!!!

I managed to built the button by myself and for the "Grab it" box I used an automatic generator.
Go me!
If you want your own button, you can start off building it HERE! You will need a photo about 125x125.
If you want an automatic generator to help you build your "Grab It" box it's HERE!

Please feel free to grab my button!

Now for our experiment... Correction. Andy's experiment!
Let me start off of this story properly.
Last night my son Andy, started going through the drawers of the desk telling me he needed a couple of really sharp pencils, I knew that Andy wasn't excited about doing any sort of homework, but I handed him a couple of pencils. The next thing I knew, he was standing next to me going "Mom look what I did"...
I was like "WHOA, How did you do THAT?!?!?!"... He filled a zip lock baggy full of water and stuck a pencil in it... Then he ran off and stuck another one in!
How funny is that?! I might be easily amused but I thought it was pretty cool!
He told me that he saw a video on youtube that showed him how to do the trick!
This is his face when he saw one drop of water... HAHA!
But the water never actually leaked, it was just a drop from when he put the pencil through.
I just realized that my photos are out of order... Never mind. You get the jest of it!
I love when the kids try experiments at home, especially ones that I would never have thought would work!
I hope the rest of your week is going well
Tammy

16 comments:

  1. A fun experiment, I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way ... !!! We will have to try this! M x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have asked about buttons and Jennifer from ThistleBear kindly gave me instructions. But I havn't done it, because I am incapable of that kind of thing! So well done you for persevering. I didn't. Alfie would love to try your son's 'experiment!'

    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not showing my boys this experiment because I just know it will end up in a water fight! Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful pencil experiment. I don't even know what a button is or what it does, so you're one ahead of me anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's pretty neat! I have a science-loving boy of my own and he enjoys this type of thing a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! You are a fine, good mom to have him do this experiment -- I hope he did it over the sink! Congratulations on the button -- I have no code skill at all, so I say bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tammy, Tell Andy, he is very clever. He is learning. I do not know how to make or grab buttons...so you are doing better than I am. I have my fvaorites on my favorite lists. Can't get them on my sideboard. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're ahead of me - I have no idea what code is or how it works lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know one single thing about button making- Good for you!!! Love your son's experiment. It's fun to see the kids do something like that- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    You have some very interesting topics here...
    And...lots of kids! hahaha!
    Look forward to future posts, Tammy...

    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done on your blog button, I know how happy I was when I worked out how to make a stand alone page for my recipes. Looks like your son is having a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well done on your button! I have no clue about anything like that!
    M x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well done to Andy on his experiment. As for buttons, well I thought I was pretty darn good at anything technical computerwise but looking at the instructions on the link you gave, had me tearing my hair out. So might have to take a rain check on that one. My philosophy being 'if you haven't got it then you won't miss it'. Thanks for the info though and glad you managed to set your button up. Speak soon. Have a good week.
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive comments!