Monday, October 28, 2013

Meaningful Mondays

Mondays.
A day dedicated to only my children and my family.

It took some time to come up with "Meaningful Mondays", I had so much help with plays on wording from friends, so many great ideas... and as I was going to pick one to write this post... I visited my mom in the hospital.

I knew she was going in for a procedure today. She refused to let anyone go with her and drove herself to the hospital. She had an Angiogram, as my mom is a heart patient and has had shortness of breath and a very bad reading when she wore a heart monitor for a week. 

Up until this evening I didn't know which one of my children or family events I wanted to write about, but when I left the hospital, I thought to myself..."My mom means a lot to me"... And there you have it. Meaningful Mondays.

Mom had to have 3 stints put in. Hopefully she will be out of the tomorrow. Mom is still having shortness of breath and her heart rhythm is off so I hope they find the cause of her issues, by her rhythm being off, I mean that she is having constant heart palpitations and says that her heart feels as if it is "rolling".

Please... Feel free to pray for my mom. Mom is 61, she's already had open heart surgery... 15 years ago. She could use your prayers.

Here is my mom combing Hannah's hair when we visited tonight.
When I took this photo my mom reached behind her to make sure her butt crack wasn't hanging out! It was funny :) I assured her that I didn't take a photo of her backside!

Why does it take someone being in the hospital or for bad things to happen before we stop and think "Hey I really love that person!!". Is that human nature? Or just selfish nature? Or perhaps, we just get so busy living life, that we forget the most important aspects of living! 

I will be grateful for every day that I have with my mother. 
I will be grateful for every day that I have with my children. I will focus on the good and not on the bad and above all else I will remember life is short and life is precious.
I will not sweat the small stuff.

My mom's favorite flower is the yellow rose, so I bought her a dozen, I always forget how beautiful they are until I have one right under my nose.
I hope you have a wonderful week. I encourage you to focus on the positive, to accept what you can't change and to stop and smell the roses!
Tammy x

13 comments:

  1. There is nothing like the love you have for your mum, we will always need them in a way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meaningful Mondays sound great, a reminder to stop and be thankful for the many blessings. Your mum is in my thoughts, I hope that all will be well with her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea for your Monday posts Tammy. I hope that your mom is ok today, a very good reminder to us all to be grateful for those around us. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mom is lucky to have such a caring daughter. I hope she is home and recovered soon. The roses are beautiful. Take care. M x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tammy- God bless your Mom. It is always scary when our parents start having health issues. We realize how fragile life really is. Saying a prayer for her right now and one for you and your kids, too. Enjoy your Meaningful Monday- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, first of all, sending lots of prayers and good wishes for your mom's recovery. She's very young -- and that's hard.

    You are right about "Why do we wait until...." I have learned cherish every single moment, every single day and every single person (even the ones who are profoundly annoying at the moment). Say something nice now. Take care. Treat kindly... every single day is precious. Well stated. Sending prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure your mom knows how much you love her. Prayers and positive thoughts for her health.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending my very best wishes to your Mum (& you Tammy) I hope all turns out fine xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really hope your mum is ok. It's clear how much you love her, and I'm sure she knows that. Sending you my very warmest wishes. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope your Mum is OK. Wise words you state, we should all take note. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tammy I am thinking of you and sending love and best wishes too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Tammy so sorry to hear about your mum and trust she has a speedy recovery. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I like Meaningful Monday it has a nice ring to it. Take care
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  13. thinking of you, hoping your Mum recovers her balance and health quickly again. I'm sure she is appreciating you all around. Take care now, Heather X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive comments!