Friday, January 10, 2014

True beauty

I had the most amazing opportunity!!

This is Hannah's report card that she brought home yesterday, I am so proud of her I could burst! Hannah learns in English only 2 days a week and the other 3 days are in Spanish. She earned this report card when most days she learns all of her subjects in another language! I am so proud of my little girl!

So what was my amazing opportunity?

This was my opportunity to share with Hannah that this is one of the many things that makes her truly beautiful... Not someone judging her face.
She's a very intelligent and bright little girl, and I told her THIS is not something she could ever win at a beauty pageant, THIS Is what no judge in the land can give her, this is something that she earned, that she worked hard for and that she deserves. This is her beauty... Deep inside of her little brain where all of those beautiful little neurons are firing off... Hannah's brain is beautiful!

I did have that talk with Hannah, about why I do not want her to participate in Beauty Pageants, not at her age, anyway. When she's an adult, she can seek out Beauty Pageants if she so desires. But right now, I'm very pleased to report that Hannah was fine with the news, and there has been no more talk of it. In fact when I thought that my daughter might cry, she just looked at me and asked "Well can I try Karate then?"... Seriously? After all of that asking to be in pageants? So everyone is content. For now. 

My Peanut. Now known in our family as "Smartest girl ever"
I'm done bragging now.
I just wanted to share that I'm the proudest mom in Texas!
Have a wonderful weekend,
Tammy

15 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Tammy! She is smart AND beautiful. What a winning combination. That karate might come in handy to beat the boys away from the door when she gets a little older. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh well karate it is that problem is sorted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super achievement, the report and the little chat you had. You are right to be very proud , well done Hannah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Hannah! We are all proud of you xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very impressive? Karate sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, that is definitely something to be very, very proud of! Good for Hannah -- looks like she's off to a grand start in life!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go Hannah!!!! She must be so very pleased with this report card - and you of course too Tammy! - this is such a great achievement. Karate sounds like lots of fun - will you be joining in!!!! Tee hee!! Please pass on my congratulations to your lovely girl. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. No wonder you are a proud mummy Tammy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't it funny how the things we think are going to be a huge issue sometimes aren't at all! Karate sounds like a great idea. Congratulations to her on her fantastic report.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way to go, Hannah! She's even improving in a few subjects. I'm so glad you had this opportunity, I am sure she will get the message. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I should think you are the proudest mum in Texas with a report card like that. Well done to Hannah, she's one smart girl.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulate her from me.. that's a great set of grades! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! Look at those grades!! Way to go, girlfriend! Maybe Hannah can teach ME Spanish after you guys move here! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well done to Hannah - what a star. That report card came at the perfect time! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, what a fantastic report card, especially given the Spanish - is that what they call 'immersion classes'? I love your lesson too and I love that she chose karate. I wonder of that wasn't secretly her first choice and then one of her friends was interested in the beauty pagent?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive comments!