Sunday, December 14, 2014

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children

This is my first official book review.

I couldn't resist.
I had to shout out about this book series.
I read a lot, but it's been a long time since a book truly captured me. "Captured" meaning... I couldn't put the book down.
This book will provoke and arouse many feelings. I felt intrigued through most of it, agitated at parts, creeped out through most, amused by some of the characters and most definitely, above all... I felt incredulous.
I had to know where this was all going.


The element that makes this book so incredible? The Author Ransom Riggs has found, collected or borrowed very "peculiar" photos (Some down right disturbing or strange) and built a story line around them. He works these picture of the past into the most bizarre, yet thought provoking story.


Of course... None of these photos are my own, they were all found on google

If you like Dr. Who and time travel, you'll like this book.
If you like a little bit of romance, but nothing too sickly... You'll love this book.
Enjoy a little bit of history in your story line? This book is for you.
Do you like just a slight bit of creepy? Read this book.
Enjoy a good mystery? Yep... This is your next book.
Are you an "X-Men" fan? This book is right up your alley.

It's Winter time... You need a good read.
Pick up this book!

The ending of the first book left me feeling unfullfilled, as if I had been cheated out of an ending. It left me grasping for more. 
So I immediately picked up part two in the series.


Hollow City takes place mostly in war torn London, during WW2.
All I will say about this fascinating book is ...
Well I'm speechless to be honest, I didn't see it coming. I loved the ending, I didn't feel cheated on the last page like I did reading the first book. 
I smiled and thought "YES!!!!"... 
I know the third book is going to be pure delight. 
Mr. Riggs is currently writing it now.

OH, and I nearly forgot... Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, is in the stages of being made into a movie, directed by Tim Burton. Perfect man for the job. This strange, yet entirely delightful book, is so up his creepy street!

The books are quite long and will take you a few days to read. 
I promise you, you will enter another world!

Tammy

13 comments:

  1. These sound brilliant! I have just shown this to Miss Teen and she was very excited about it, especially when you said that Tim Burton was looking to make a film on it (her favourite director), so I am about to order on line for a couple of stocking fillers! Thanks for the recommendation xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep hearing such great things about this book and it's sitting on my bookshelf, unread. You have now convinced me to pick it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was desperately looking or a new book Tammy! I have just added it to my Audible cart, thanks for the recommendation. s

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh thanks so much for sharing this. I have picked up this book in the book store and couldn't quite decide if I should give it a try.
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds intriguing. I think I'll mention it to my teenagers, it's probably something they'd enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds fascinating - I'm intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I picked up book two as soon as I finished the first one too. So good! I can't wait for the next one to come out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like an interesting book - I might look out for this.

    Thanks for your comment - I hope you have a great christmas too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. They sound like fascinating reads!! I hope that all is well with you and your Christmas preparations and that you will have a great time and a wonderful 2015! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah Tammy I've found you! I haven't seen you on Blogger for absolutely ages and hadn't realised that you were here on Bloglovin. I've missed reading your posts. Anyway sounds a fascinating read. Speak soon :))

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is tantalizing! I must add this to my old reads list!!!! So intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds really good! Definitely going to add it to my reading list, thanks for the recommendation! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well these are added to the list as of right now... have we talked about my morbid fascination with weird things? We will do when you come in July... Eeeeeekkk! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive comments!