Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Panasonic Lumix Underwater Digital Camera 16.1 MP

Very rarely do I endorse a product, but this one is a must!

I have 3 cameras. A Nikon D3200 24 MP. A Samsung Galaxy Wi-Fi 16.3 MP. And...
This bad boy.

The Panasonic Lumix Digital 16.1 Camera.
This little guy is AWESOME!


Last July the kids and I flew to Fort Lauderdale, and then drove down to the Florida Keys. It was at the last minute that I thought... "Hey, wouldn't an underwater camera be really cool!?". We were specifically going for the crystal clear water, and I didn't want to miss out on the experience, plus after spending a very pretty penny on a Nikon, I wasn't going to take it on the beach and get sand in it!

I can't remember exactly how much I paid for it, but with the memory card it was around $300. 

WORTH. EVERY. PENNY.

So the nitty gritty is this...
This camera is extremely light weight, It takes amazing photos and works underwater! What more could a person want?

You don't have to worry about it leaking because when you close up this camera, after taking out the memory card or battery, it will remind you if it's not completely water proof. Like this...

Though I love my camera's, and I like to think of myself as a budding photographer, the truth is, I don't know much about cameras. I'm learning, and I love the process, but my point is this...
This camera is easy to use and takes fantastic photos! Regardless of your level of experience.

We couldn't stop using it, the kids loved it as well.
Here it is in action at the hotel pool.

And at the beach.


And admit it, I took a great selfie with this camera! 
No selfie stick needed!


You know I have a great sense of humor if I'm willing to post THAT photo of myself :)

And this one of my son, cracks me up!

This Lumix camera really is worth the money if you're planning a trip around water. Why risk your camera or your camera phone?

It's only slightly bigger than a deck of cards and you can even stick it in your pocket!
Go on..
You know you want one!

On a side note...The Florida Keys..Is a place everyone should visit, at least once!
I hope you have a great rest of your week,
Tammy

10 comments:

  1. We are so rarely around water that I haven't felt the need to purchase anything like this yet, but if we ever move somewhere closer to the ocean, I'd either get something like this or a special casing for my DSLR. I love underwater photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It takes great underwater photos. I remember buying one of those disposable underwater cameras many years ago, it was before digital cameras, and not one of the photos came out when I had them developed. It was so disappointing as we'd taken it to Barbados where there's some fantastic things to photograph underwater.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good grief, I love those underwater shots, Tammy! I don't have an underwater camera, but if I were going to take that kind of vacation, I would get one, now that I've seen your photos! I do have a Panasonic DMC-F150, which I love, and which I'll be taking to England this spring. :-))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow the underwater pics are great. I will have to tell my daughter as she's going traveling and this camera would be ideal. The bright colour is great as well.
    Take care. Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look as if you're having fun and I remember those days well when the children used to swim in the Med like fish. That camera would have been very useful then. Technology is amazing these days and such cameras more portable and affordable. Have a nice day Tammy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I WANT ONE!!! I really do :) I also still want to go to Florida Keys, but not til next winter I think :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tammy ... can you email me. I keep sending comments and replies to your comments but they are bouncing back. I think they are going to your old email address and I am not sure I have the right new address. M xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive comments!