Thursday, September 3, 2015

100 (73) Things by 2019

This original posting was from 2013. Though it wasn't easy, I actually came up with 100 things I wanted to do. However, it turned into just... a meaningless, Froot Loop list, floating around cyberspace. I couldn't even remember what I had put on my 100! A lot of good that did me, forgetting what I wanted. But that's just it, the list was full of mostly un-thoughtful "wants". So after a small blogging sabbatical, I have returned with goals. REAL goals, things I have thought about, researched about and mulled over in my mind.

Setting goals is a healthy way to grow and discover, (with some hard work, of course). I have learned that goals aren't a destination. They are a constant journey, because in setting and achieving our goals, we set ourselves up for further accomplishments and a much richer life.

By posting my goals on my blog, It's a way of holding myself accountable. I live to seek knowledge and to understand, setting goals opens up many portals for personal insight.

Here are my 100 73 goals Some easy, Some frivolous, Some serious.
I will seek to accomplish them by 2019.

Why 2019?
That's 5 years. Every 5 years is a good time to re-evaluate and goal plan.
Why 73? Because these are the things that are important and meaningful to me, in my life, right now.

Besides, I CAN change my list. It's after all, MY list!!

Goals to be completed by December 31st, 2015 
(Physical)
  1. Lose 10lbs.
  2. (Then) Make is to losing 25lbs.
  3. Climb 1300 stairs in 30 minutes.
  4. Walk a mile in 15 minutes.
  5. Eat 3 Vegetarian dinners every week.
  6. Go One whole week without refined sugar.
  7. Work out 4 days a week EVERY WEEK for at least 30 minutes.
  8. Eat fresh vegetables every day (Not frozen or canned)
(Personal)
  1. (Begin the lessons) To re-learn french
  2. Make an honest effort (to learn how to and try) to publish one of my children's books.
  3. Hand write one personal letter a week to a friend or family member (Everyone loves happy mail) (In Progress)
  4. Bake or cook a new dairy free meal each week. (In Progress)
  5. Crochet a blanket (Though I have taken it apart twice now, It's In Progress!!)
  6. Crochet Wash Clothes
  7. Crochet Dish Clothes
  8. Volunteer at the Recycling Center in Austin, Texas
  9. Educate myself on Environmental Laws
  10. Volunteer at a Food Kitchen
  11. Make gift bags (blessing bags) for the homeless at Christmas (Currently collecting Items)
(Blog Goals)
  1. Find a new blog to read every week. (Very muchly so enjoying this "In Progress")
  2. Participate in Travel Link up on Emma's Blog for Sept, Oct, Nov and Dec. (In Progress)
  3. Write (at least) one Environmental Blog Topic every week
  4. Research, Research Research!! AND Contact major airline companies and blog about the most environmentally friendly airlines.
(Financial)
  1. Set up an Etsy store and sell recycled and up-cycled products
  2. Donate to a different charity or organization every month.
  3. Set up a separate savings account JUST for travel.
(Travel)
  1. Visit 2 new places in Austin, Texas every month
GOALS FOR 2016

(Physical)
  1. Continue to get fit with a goal loss of losing 50lbs.
  2. Then 75lbs.
  3. Rounding up to 100lbs lost 
  4. Work out at least 4 days a week EVERY Week for at least 30 minutes.
  5. (Will add another goal after completing workout goals for 2015)
  6. Make an effort to eat clean.
(Personal and Environmental)
  1. Upcycle a piece of furniture.
  2. Continue to take classes to earn my Environmental Science Degree
  3. Make pierogies from scratch!
  4. Volunteer in a classroom to teach an Environmental or Recycling lesson
  5. Start a Compost at home
  6. Stop using ANY stretchable plastic, including plastic sandwich bags
  7. Start to build a plastic free kitchen (We all know that appliances have plastic, but I'm talking about needless plastic use)
  8. Contact major companies and ask them how they plan to cut down on packaging to help the environment
  9. Switch to all cloth napkins at home
  10. Send letters to local school encouraging them to start a campaign to recycle their markers, pens and crayons.
  11. Write an article for an Environmental Magazine.
  12. Donate coats and blankets in the winter, to those in need.
  13. Plant a garden, even if it's in containers
  14. Learn to can food.
(Blog Goals)
  1. Share blog love by reading and sharing other great blogs on social media
  2. Continue to blog about Environmental issues at least once a week
  3. Find and read other Environmental blogs
(Travel Goals)
  1. Travel to Boston and check out Bean Town (Summer)
  2. Travel to Maine (Summer)
  3. Travel to the Florida Keys (Christmas)
  4. Travel to the Bahamas and swim with  pigs (Exuma, Bahamas) (Christmas)
  5. Watch Sea Turtles Hatch (Spring, Texas shoreline)
  6. Enjoy snow in Colorado (January or February)
  7. Travel to Paris for Spring Break (March)
  8. Travel to London in the Summer
(Financial)
  1. Donate to a new charity or organization every month.
  2. Set aside one day a month to actively look for scholarships and apply for them
  3. Enter a contest at least once a week (Read this on a blog... Hey, I might win!)
  4. Actively pay off student loan even though I'm still in school.
  5. Every month go one week without spending any money on "wants"... Remind self that I love to travel!
  6. Set up a special savings account to save for a flat purchase in England. 
GOALS TO BE ACCOMPLISHED BY MAY 2019

(Financial)
  1. Pay off my student loan (Or at least put a huge dent into it)
  2. Purchase a flat in England
(Travel)
  1. Travel by car along the Wild Atlantic Way, in Ireland, and take at least 2 or 3 weeks to truly enjoy the journey! Taking as many of my children as will go!
  2. Visit St. Michael's Mount in Cornwall
  3. Visit Tintagel Castle in Cornwall
  4. Visit Holland in the Spring to see the flowers
  5. Travel to a Greek Island
  6. Travel to Venice, Italy
  7. In May of 2019 Travel to Bora Bora! (A dream I've had for years)
As I seek my goals, I will date them on my blog. 
Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What are your goals?

11 comments:

  1. What a list! I think if you can master even a small portion of these, number 100 will be done, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is quite a list Tammy! Good on you for the things that you want to achieve in life. I wish for you that you do them all plus 1000 more wonderful things!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how many of these are travel related! I could make a list of 100 places I wanted to see, but listing 100 things I wanted to do would be harder. I'd probably stress myself out after I saw the list, feeling like I needed to tackle it right away! ;o)

    5'8" is TALL! I'm more than a little jealous. I'm not even 5'3", although that's what I put on my driver's license to make myself feel better. ;o) High five on number 11 - that would is so important!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow ... that is some list! I truly hope you manage to achieve a good portion of them ... you deserve it. I'm only 5'1" :)
    M xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great list. I think you seem like a very determined person and I am sure you will achieve many of these things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh that's some list you have there Tammy. Hope you achieve all your dreams and wishes.
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, I loved the list... terrific it is!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Tintagel (obviously, I love everything Cornwall). Great goals. Great idea! I am doing the 101 in 1001 task and I have to say - after sleeping under the stars at the weekend for one of my targets - it really has me doing things a little differently!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have you put your list on your blog? I'd love to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. No, I keep meaning to, I have a link to the list I made though...https://dayzeroproject.com/user/hollynelson/list/90907

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read your, I like it, some things are more simple and some really hard... like writing a book, what kind of book do you want to write?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive comments!