Setting goals is a healthy way to grow and discover, (with some hard work, of course). I have learned that goals aren't a destination. They are a constant journey, because in setting and achieving our goals, we set ourselves up for further accomplishments and a much richer life.
By posting my goals on my blog, It's a way of holding myself accountable. I live to seek knowledge and to understand, setting goals opens up many portals for personal insight.
Here are my
I will seek to accomplish them by 2019.
That's 5 years. Every 5 years is a good time to re-evaluate and goal plan.
Why 73? Because these are the things that are important and meaningful to me, in my life, right now. Not 100.
Besides, I CAN change my list. It's after all, MY list!!
Goals to be completed by December 31st, 2015
- Lose 10lbs. (Jan 21, 18... Can I just say, this is a fail? I lose weight, I gain weight, I lose weight, I gain weight)... I shall try again!
- (Then) Make is to losing 25lbs. (See above)
- Climb 1300 stairs in 30 minutes. (See Above)
- Walk a mile in 15 minutes. (Yep.. See above)
- Eat 3 Vegetarian dinners every week. (In progress, it's not always 3, but it's often and there are a lot of dairy free meals as well)
- Go One whole week without refined sugar. (Well dang. I haven't done this one yet)
- Work out 4 days a week EVERY WEEK for at least 30 minutes. (See Above)
- Eat fresh vegetables every day (Not frozen or canned) (I eat fresh Veggies often, but not daily, more in the summer than the winter... So, definitely in progress!!)
- (Begin the lessons) To re-learn french (In Progress)
- Make an honest effort (to learn how to and try) to publish one of my children's books. (I actually forgot about this one, I need to think this one through)
- Hand write one personal letter a week to a friend or family member (Everyone loves happy mail) (In Progress... I actually love doing this one!)
- Bake or cook a new dairy free meal each week. (In Progress)
- Crochet a blanket (COMEPLETED!)
- Crochet Wash Clothes (COMPLETED!)
- Crochet Dish Clothes (COMPLETED!)
- Volunteer at the Recycling Center in Austin, Texas (We now live in Abilene, Texas, there is a very poor recycling scheme here... I'm looking into it.
- Educate myself on Environmental Laws (In Progress)
- Volunteer at a Food Kitchen (Still need to complete)
- Make gift bags (blessing bags) for the homeless at Christmas (We donated a few things to the homeless... this is not something that ends, but a continual process of helping).
GOALS FOR 2016
As I seek my goals, I will date them on my blog.
- Find a new blog to read every week. (Very muchly so enjoying this "In Progress")
- Participate in Travel Link up on Emma's Blog . (In Progress)
- Write (at least) one Environmental Blog Topic every week (I have periodically done this, but will work more on this)
- Research, Research Research!! AND Contact major airline companies and blog about the most environmentally friendly airlines. (Well shoot. I haven't done this yet, there are so many airlines... I'll pick the top few)
- Set up an Etsy store and sell recycled and up-cycled products (COMPLETED) I have to say, we try things, we decide if we like them.
- Donate to a different charity or organization every month. (In Progress)
- Set up a separate savings account JUST for travel. (COMPLETED... I actually have 4 different savings accounts... Emergency. Travel. Property; Investment)
- Visit 2 new places in Austin, Texas every month (COMPLETED ... now exploring the Abilene area and everywhere in between.
- Continue to get fit with a goal loss of losing 50lbs. This has got to be the biggest struggle of my life.
- Then 75lbs.
- Rounding up to 100lbs lost
- Work out at least 4 days a week EVERY Week for at least 30 minutes.
- (Will add another goal after completing workout goals for 2015)
- Make an effort to eat clean. (Eating clean is actually delicious-- But sticking with it, tough. Our world is full of Pesticide laden and hydrogenated poison. So I do the best I can, eat organic when I can, and feed my family as healthy as I can. I'm always seeking out new and nutritious meals).
- Upcycle a piece of furniture. (I have at least 3 pieces of furniture that need a good re-do,
- Continue to take classes to earn my Environmental Science Degree (PAUSED.. It got way too expensive at the University of Phoenix. I felt that I was being ripped off and not educated.
- Make pierogies from scratch!(Need to do this, I have made many dairy free desserts and tried new recipe's, but I haven't done this one yet)
- Volunteer in a classroom to teach an Environmental or Recycling lesson (COMPLETED)... Well, kinda. I work as a Teaching Assistant and constantly share how important it with students and my own children why we need to protect our Environment).
- Start a Compost at home (In progress)
- Stop using ANY stretchable plastic, including plastic sandwich bags (COMPLETED, NO STRETCHY PLASTIC IN MY KITCHEN!)... oh, and we are done with plastic straws too!!)
- Start to build a plastic free kitchen (We all know that appliances have plastic, but I'm talking about needless plastic use of one time plastic) (COMPLETED, if we have plastic, I'm not going to just throw it away to end up in a landfill, but I have stopped buying any single use plastic and for storing food, I use glass)
- Contact major companies and ask them how they plan to cut down on packaging to help the environment
- Switch to all cloth napkins at home (COMPLETED-- We use old cut up cloth if it's just us at home, but we do have nice napkins for company-- We aren't savages ya know! I am buying Cloth Napkins little by little. They are pricey.
- Send letters to local school encouraging them to start a campaign to recycle their markers, pens and crayons.
- Write an article for an Environmental Magazine.
- Donate coats and blankets in the winter, to those in need.(Complete-- Yet always in progress, if we have it in excess, and people are in need, we donate, no matter what it is-- Food, Clothing, Blankets.
- Plant a garden, even if it's in containers (COMPLETED-- Yet always in progress... every year there is more to learn and explore in the garden)
- Learn to can food. (I have actually read how to do this, but I would like to find someone who knows how to can, and learn first hand... so, haven't done this one yet!)
- Share blog love by reading and sharing other great blogs on social media (COMPLETED and also... Always in progress.. I love sharing cool blogs out there, and there are some very cool people writing very cool blogs!
- Continue to blog about Environmental issues at least once a week (Seriously need to get my act together here!! It's my job... Any Environmentalist or Earth Lover to always share issues, anyway we can, and how to combat those issues)
- Find and read other Environmental blogs (ALWAYS in progress, I have also been finding many --many accounts on Instagram that are full of great ideas, tips and pictures of people being Environmentally friendly. Love it!-- This is a life long "IN PROGRESS", and I love it!
- Travel to Boston and check out Bean Town
- Travel to Maine
- Travel to the Florida Keys (COMPLETED)
- Travel to the Bahamas and swim with pigs
- Watch Sea Turtles Hatch
- Enjoy snow in Colorado (COMPLETED)
- Travel to Paris for Spring Break (COMPLETED-- Though we went in the Summer)
- Travel to London in the Summer (COMPLETED)
- Donate to a new charity or organization every month. (IN PROGRESS... Forever in progress)
- Set aside one day a month to actively look for scholarships and apply for them (ON HOLD-- since I have currently put University on hold)
- Enter a contest at least once a week (Read this on a blog... Hey, I might win!) (I'm always entering some contest 😄)
- Actively pay off student loan even though I'm still in school. (In Progress)
- Every month go one week without spending any money on "wants"... Remind self that I love to travel! (I haven't always gone a whole week, but I don't spend money willy nilly, I'm always saving to travel)
- Set up a special savings account to save for a flat purchase in England. (COMPLETED)
GOALS TO BE ACCOMPLISHED BY MAY 2019
- Pay off my student loan (Or at least put a huge dent into it) (In progress, I feel like it's a never ending loan)
- Purchase a flat in England (Talk about taking awhile.. I'm still saving. Property is EXPENSIVE, But what keeps me going, knowing that I could have a place to stay and not have to get Airbnb's when I visit England)
- Travel by car along the Wild Atlantic Way, in Ireland, and take at least 2 or 3 weeks to truly enjoy the journey! Taking as many of my children as will go!
- Visit St. Michael's Mount in Cornwall
- Visit Tintagel Castle in Cornwall
- Visit Holland in the Spring to see the flowers
- Travel to a Greek Island
- Travel to Venice, Italy
- In May of 2019 Travel to Bora Bora! (A dream I've had for years)
Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What are your goals?