Setting goals is a healthy way to grow and discover, (with some hard work, of course). I have learned that goals aren't a destination. They are a constant journey, because in setting and achieving our goals, we set ourselves up for further accomplishments and a much richer life.
By posting my goals on my blog, It's a way of holding myself accountable. I live to seek knowledge and to understand, setting goals opens up many portals for personal insight.
Here are my
I will seek to accomplish them by 2019.
That's 5 years. Every 5 years is a good time to re-evaluate and goal plan.
Why 73? Because these are the things that are important and meaningful to me, in my life, right now.
Besides, I CAN change my list. It's after all, MY list!!
Goals to be completed by December 31st, 2015
- Lose 10lbs.
- (Then) Make is to losing 25lbs.
- Climb 1300 stairs in 30 minutes.
- Walk a mile in 15 minutes.
- Eat 3 Vegetarian dinners every week.
- Go One whole week without refined sugar.
- Work out 4 days a week EVERY WEEK for at least 30 minutes.
- Eat fresh vegetables every day (Not frozen or canned)
- (Begin the lessons) To re-learn french
- Make an honest effort (to learn how to and try) to publish one of my children's books.
- Hand write one personal letter a week to a friend or family member (Everyone loves happy mail) (In Progress)
- Bake or cook a new dairy free meal each week. (In Progress)
- Crochet a blanket (Though I have taken it apart twice now, It's In Progress!!)
- Crochet Wash Clothes
- Crochet Dish Clothes
- Volunteer at the Recycling Center in Austin, Texas
- Educate myself on Environmental Laws
- Volunteer at a Food Kitchen
- Make gift bags (blessing bags) for the homeless at Christmas (Currently collecting Items)
GOALS FOR 2016
As I seek my goals, I will date them on my blog.
- Find a new blog to read every week. (Very muchly so enjoying this "In Progress")
- Participate in Travel Link up on Emma's Blog for Sept, Oct, Nov and Dec. (In Progress)
- Write (at least) one Environmental Blog Topic every week
- Research, Research Research!! AND Contact major airline companies and blog about the most environmentally friendly airlines.
- Set up an Etsy store and sell recycled and up-cycled products
- Donate to a different charity or organization every month.
- Set up a separate savings account JUST for travel.
- Visit 2 new places in Austin, Texas every month
- Continue to get fit with a goal loss of losing 50lbs.
- Then 75lbs.
- Rounding up to 100lbs lost
- Work out at least 4 days a week EVERY Week for at least 30 minutes.
- (Will add another goal after completing workout goals for 2015)
- Make an effort to eat clean.
- Upcycle a piece of furniture.
- Continue to take classes to earn my Environmental Science Degree
- Make pierogies from scratch!
- Volunteer in a classroom to teach an Environmental or Recycling lesson
- Start a Compost at home
- Stop using ANY stretchable plastic, including plastic sandwich bags
- Start to build a plastic free kitchen (We all know that appliances have plastic, but I'm talking about needless plastic use)
- Contact major companies and ask them how they plan to cut down on packaging to help the environment
- Switch to all cloth napkins at home
- Send letters to local school encouraging them to start a campaign to recycle their markers, pens and crayons.
- Write an article for an Environmental Magazine.
- Donate coats and blankets in the winter, to those in need.
- Plant a garden, even if it's in containers
- Learn to can food.
- Share blog love by reading and sharing other great blogs on social media
- Continue to blog about Environmental issues at least once a week
- Find and read other Environmental blogs
- Travel to Boston and check out Bean Town (Summer)
- Travel to Maine (Summer)
- Travel to the Florida Keys (Christmas)
- Travel to the Bahamas and swim with pigs (Exuma, Bahamas) (Christmas)
- Watch Sea Turtles Hatch (Spring, Texas shoreline)
- Enjoy snow in Colorado (January or February)
- Travel to Paris for Spring Break (March)
- Travel to London in the Summer
- Donate to a new charity or organization every month.
- Set aside one day a month to actively look for scholarships and apply for them
- Enter a contest at least once a week (Read this on a blog... Hey, I might win!)
- Actively pay off student loan even though I'm still in school.
- Every month go one week without spending any money on "wants"... Remind self that I love to travel!
- Set up a special savings account to save for a flat purchase in England.
GOALS TO BE ACCOMPLISHED BY MAY 2019
- Pay off my student loan (Or at least put a huge dent into it)
- Purchase a flat in England
- Travel by car along the Wild Atlantic Way, in Ireland, and take at least 2 or 3 weeks to truly enjoy the journey! Taking as many of my children as will go!
- Visit St. Michael's Mount in Cornwall
- Visit Tintagel Castle in Cornwall
- Visit Holland in the Spring to see the flowers
- Travel to a Greek Island
- Travel to Venice, Italy
- In May of 2019 Travel to Bora Bora! (A dream I've had for years)
Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What are your goals?