Sunday, July 24, 2016

Dairy Free Rice Krispy Squares

I'm seriously excited about these!
Why?
Why you you ask?
Ever since April of 2015 when we found out my son Andy was allergic to dairy, our lives came to a screeching halt... we consumed so much dairy, we probably should have owned a cow.

These treats are so easy to make, I can't believe I haven't made them before now. When my daughter asked me to make rice krispy squares, I thought "well, ok, I guess I'll just use vegan margerine"... seriously though... have you SEEN the chemicals in some of that stuff?

Then, I had an epiphany :)
I only needed a little something to melt the marshmallows. OLIVE OIL it is then!

You'll need (trust me you need these in your life)

10.5 ounce bag of mini marshmallows
1/4 cup olive oil
5-6 (I used 6) cups of rice krispies

Combine the marshmallows and olive oil in a large sauce pan. Warm on medium heat until melted completely. Stirring often.
Suddenly, everyone was a marshmallow melting expert :)
Once the marshmallows are smooth and melted, add in your rice krispies quickly. Stir and coat your the cereal well before putting them in a baking dish of your choice. Press the gooey-sticky mixture down into the dish. Have your teeanger place rice krispy treat in the fridge for an hour (after all, he has nothing better to do :)
We made a double batch which he carefully managed a balancing act of.

After an hour, cut into squares.

They are a sugary delicious vegan treat!
Thanks for stopping by!
Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive comments!